Friday, April 8, 2011

Holy Time Travel

     Everything is like zooooming by so fast 0___0

I also made it to the art show with one of my drawings that I love :D which makes me very happy :P

In one of the classes I'm in I am working on rennovating the school's courtyard and making it into a garden and place of enviornmental art.

In art class I most DEFINATLEY finished my art project already. Although it took so long, I finished it on about March 15th. It took so long to do but it was well worth it, it made me realize how much I love art and how much I want to succeed at it.



Now we're working on Geometric Abstraction art, it was so hard for me to accomplish this, because to me it's all 'math'. simple shapes = math. That's just me though, after getting it all down it was fun to mix and match different shapes, it just took forever to get used to. We had to do a series of 20 drawings then try and 'overlay' them and making one picture out of many different ones. I ended up basically trashing my old pictures and not even using them in my final one. The 'final' project I'm working on now is a bunch of circles overtop a 'tile' background. The color range is a simple Black - Brown - Red - Orange - Yellow - Peach - White, with a purple hue put over top. It's in oil pastel so it's soooo vivid and bright. A requirement for the project is to use ink as well, so I outlined the circles in black ink with a quill pen. It looks pretty good right now I'd say, but I regret outlining the white circle in black.

I also hope I stay active in my art during the summer, that's my only fear right now, is to get off track and do other things and let my art fall behind.

side note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAiNtsEc8I GO HERE NOW AND LISTEN :)
- Brooke!

No comments:

Post a Comment